Disneyland Churro Funnel Cake
Makes 6-8 cakes
1 large egg
2 cups milk
1 teaspoon vanilla
2 cups flour
1 1/2 tablespoons sugar
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon salt
4 tablespoons melted butter
1 quart vegetable oil, as needed
8 oz. whipped cream (store bought or homemade)
- Fill a pastry bag with whipped cream, using a starred tip (I used #32).
- Move in a circular motion to create Mickey Mouse heads out of whipped cream. Place in the freezer to set while you make the funnel cakes.
- Pour oil into saucepan so it's 1-2 inches high. Heat on medium heat until it's about 350º.
- In a mixing bowl, whisk the egg and then add the milk and vanilla. Whisk again until well combined. In a separate bowl, stir the flour, sugar, baking soda and salt together.
- Slowly whisk the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients. Mix until there are no lumps.
- Stir in the melted butter.
- Transfer the batter to a squeeze bottle.
- To test that the oil has reached the correct temperature, squeeze a couple drops of batter into the oil. If they immediately bubble and float to the top, the oil is ready.
- Squeeze batter in a circular motion (about a 1/2 cup of batter).
- Cook until edges appear golden brown. Use tongs to carefully flip and cook for about a minute on the other side.
- Gently remove cake to drain on paper towels, then immediately sprinkle about a teaspoon of the cinnamon & sugar mixture on each side.
- Serve warm with a drizzle of caramel sauce. Top with the frozen Mickey Mouse-shaped whipped cream.
With all the deliciously sweet toppings, this dessert can get kind of rich. So, invite some friends to share with you, or make the funnel cakes a little smaller than the ones served in Disneyland.
Now that you've seen how I make my favorite Disneyland treat at home check out how a few of my blog buddies make their favorites too!
Hand Dipped Corndogs from Dessert Now, Dinner Later
Clam Chowder Bread Bowl from Kleinworth & Co.
Mickey Mouse Ice Cream Treats from Tastefully Frugal
Monte Cristo Sandwich from See Lindsay
Churro Funnel Cake from Artsy Fartsy Mama
Pumpkin Mickey Mouse Beignets from Clarks Condensed
BLT Waffle Fries from Old House To New Home
Chocolate Peanut Butter Sandwiches from Love To Be In The Kitchen
Carrot Cake Cookies from Cupcake Diaries
Caramel S'mores from My Latina Table
Mickey Marshmallow Wand from Liz On Call
Dole Whip Popsicles from Bite Of Delight
Dole Whips from Girl Loves Glam
Mint Julep Slush from As The Bunny Hops
Frozen Chocolate Covered Bananas from Pretty Providence
Mickey Mouse Cake Pops from Play Party Plan
Mac'n'Cheese Pizza from Over The Big Moon
Mickey Mouse Beignets from Housewife Eclectic
AND enter to win a chance to try all of these tasty treats in person at Disneyland yourself! One lucky winner will receive:
- 4 Day/3 Night Hotel Stay in Anaheim or San Diego (winner's choice)
- 2 Adult and 2 Kids Tickets to TWO Southern California Parks (winner's choice)
Giveaway is sponsored by Get Away Today. Open to US Residents only. Giveaway will run from Friday, April 7th to Friday, April 14th. Winner will be notified by email and has 48 hours to respond.