Color your own Disney Cuties shirt to wear at home or on a Disney vacation!
The last time we made a coloring shirt, my daughter wore it almost every day. It is such a fun project for kids and adults alike, and adding a Disney element just takes it to a whole other level!! The best part about this Disney Cuties Coloring Shirt shirt? With a little help from Expressions Vinyl, you don't have to have any drawing skills AT ALL. Plus, it would be awesome to make some as a family to wear on vacation, to give as a gift, or to just wear for fun!
Before we get to the tutorial, I've teamed up with some amazingly talented bloggers to share a collection of 26 creative Disney crafts made with vinyl! Check them out and visit Expressions Vinyl to enter to win $100 to create some Disney magic yourself!
1. Lion King Shirts by Play Party Plan
2. Jack Skellington Ears by A Pumpkin and a princess
3. Nemo Pumpkin by C.R.A.F.T.
4. Disney Cuties Coloring Shirt by Artsy Fartsy Mama
5. Belle Framed Art by Crafting in the Rain
6. Miracles Free Cut File By Dawn Nicole Designs
7. Autograph Shirt by the Pinning Mama
8. Disney Countdown by Frenchie Wraps
9. Girl Dress Up by Over the Big Moon
10. Spirit Animal Shirt by Smashed Peas and Carrots
11. Customized Minnie Ears by Inspiration Made Simple
12. Winnie the Pooh Quote by Where the Smile Have been!
13. Modest Ariel by Kiki & Company
14. Jack Skellington Coin Purse by Tried and True
15. Minnie Mouse Purse by A girl and a glue gun
16. Disney Ornaments by Happiness is Homemade
17. Girl Boss Shirt by Sweet Rose Studio
18. No Sew Minnie Tutu by Sugar Bee Crafts
19. Haunted Mansion Door Design by Simple simon and Co.
20. Minnie Mouse Bow Shirt by Girl loves Glam
21. Mary Poppins Design by the Crafted Sparrow
22. Cinderella Hand Lettered Shirt by Pitter and Glink
23. Jack Skellington Shirt and Pumpkin by the Scrap Shoppe
24. Beauty and Beast Book Sign by Flamingo Toes
25. Hat Hair Shirt by Polka Dot Chair
26. Vintage Disneyland by Persia Lou
I uploaded the Disney Cuties image into Cricut Design Space and cut it out of black StripFlock™ Heat Transfer on the Cricut Explore. You can also use EasyWeed Heat Transfer Vinyl, but I love how the flocked vinyl makes it feel like you're coloring one of those fuzzy posters!!
Weed the image and place the vinyl on the front of the shirt. The clear carrier sheet provides a way to keep everything together and sticks to the shirt so I don't have to worry about it shifting!
To apply the vinyl, you can use an iron at the highest setting (no steam). Preheat the shirt for 3 seconds and then apply medium pressure to the carrier sheet for 15-20 seconds. Wait for it to cool completely, then peel off the carrier sheet.
If you're like me and are applying vinyl to shirts all. the. time., I would highly recommend investing in a heat press. It has become such a valuable crafting tool in saving time and getting vinyl to stick perfectly and evenly every time. (pssst...I'm going to be sharing a post all about this heat press soon, so stay tuned!!)
Once the vinyl has been applied, your shirt is ready to be colored! Place a piece of cardboard inside the shirt to prevent the marker from bleeding through to the other side of the shirt. If you want to color your shirt again and again, you can use any washable markers. We wanted ours to be permanent, so I recommend using Tulip fabric markers. The colors are vibrant and stay looking nice wash after wash - which really is the whole point of this project, right?
After coloring the shirt once, I like to go back and color the shirt again. It helps to keep the color on the shirt looking bright and good as new. Wait 24 hours before washing the shirt, and be sure to wash the shirt inside out and hang to dry for best results.
Now the shirt is ready to wear at home, school, or make coloring tees for the entire family and wear them to Disneyland!! Speaking of going to Disneyland, you aren't going to want to miss out on this amazing Southern California Vacation Giveaway from Get Away Today:
Totally exciting, right?! If you can't wait for the giveaway to end and are looking to book a trip today, visit Get Away Today and use the code ArtsyMama to get an extra $10 off any 2-night or longer Southern California package (hotel and 2 ticket minimum).
Enter the giveaway using the form below:
This post may contain affiliate links. Clicking and purchasing through them helps to keep the great content coming your way!