3-4 chicken breasts
1 cup chicken broth
1/2 cup teriyaki sauce
1/3 cup brown sugar
1/4 - 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
2 tablespoons corn starch
- Add chicken to slow cooker.
- In a bowl, mix together chicken broth,teriyaki sauce, brown sugar, and garlic powder until combined.
- Pour teriyaki mixture over the chicken.
- Cook on Low 6-8 hours, or on High for 3-4 hours.
- When chicken is cooked through, cut into pieces or shred. Add corn starch to teriyaki sauce and mix in slow cooker to thicken sauce. Serve chicken and sauce over rice.
*If teriyaki sauce does not completely cover chicken in slow cooker, turn chicken halfway through cook time or cut into pieces so the chicken will not dry out and will absorb more of the flavor.
*Chicken can be placed in slow cooker thawed OR frozen. Cook time should be about the same.
*For even more flavor, marinate chicken in teriyaki sauce in a Ziploc bag for a few hours or overnight.