My sister loves everything peacock. Coincidentally, her last name is also Peacock. Helping her with peacock-themed projects and shopping for her is always a lot of fun. I love the blues, greens, and purples in peacock color schemes, especially when there's glitter involved.
Even if you feel like you aren't good at wreath making, this peacock wreath was fairly quick, easy to put together, and inexpensive. It looks fabulous hung on the door, or it would be lovely inside the home as well. All the supplies were purchased at Hobby Lobby.
14" Grape Vine Wreath Form
Glitter-Covered Wooden Letter "P"
Peacock-Inspired Picks (in floral section)
- glittered peacock feathers, small blue sparkle ball picks, peacock-covered ball picks, and green glittered spirals
Green Floral Wire
- Decide where the top of the wreath is going to be.
- Place the letter on the wreath and secure with floral wire or tie with fishing wire if you don't want the wire to show.
- Push picks into wreath form, and arrange to your liking. You can separate the picks if needed (they are usually just wire).
- Gently shake the wreath to make sure everything is attached to the wreath (especially if you are going to put it on a door). If anything falls off, attach it to the wreath and use floral wire if needed for extra hold.
- If hanging on the door, hang with a wreath hanger or 3M Command Hook. I also recommend doing a door test (slam the door a few times) to make sure your wreath isn't going to fall off or fall apart. If hanging on the wall, you probably don't need to worry about shaking it around too much.