Chocolate cake mix
3-4 medium overripe bananas
1/2-1 cup chocolate chips, nuts, etc. (optional)
- Smash bananas in a large bowl. I threw the whole (peeled) bananas into the KitchenAid and they were smashed in seconds.
- Add remaining ingredients and mix well. Batter will fill two small loaf pans, or one large loaf pan. Make sure to spray pans well with nonstick cooking spray and add a little bit of flour.
- Bake at 350° for 35-40 minutes. The larger loaf pans may need to cook for 45-50 minutes. Test with a toothpick to check that the banana bread is cooked through.
- Freeze overripe bananas. Put them in a Ziploc bag (peel and all) and thaw when you're ready to use! They stay good for up to 3 months.
- Don't have a loaf pan? No problem! You can also make this recipe in a muffin tin, cake pan, or a bundt pan. Just be sure to adjust the cooking time accordingly.
- Not a chocolate fan? Try my regular Easy Banana Bread!