St. Patrick's Day treats are so much fun to make! With a little green food coloring, you can make some adorable cookies, candies, and even make your dinner festive for the holiday! These Shamrock Spritz Cookies are super simple to make, and taste amazing. The kids will love getting to help, and the cookies would make a cute St. Patrick's Day treat to share with family & friends!
3 1/2 cups flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 1/2 cups (3 sticks) butter, softened
1 cup sugar
2 Tablespoons milk
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/2 teaspoon almond extract
green gel food coloring
- Preheat oven to 350º.
- In a bowl, mix together the flour and baking powder. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, cream the butter and sugar together until light & fluffy.
- Add egg, milk, vanilla, almond extract, and food coloring.
- Add flour mixture and mix well.
- Fill cookie press with dough, and use three-hole disk.
- Press cookies onto ungreased cookie sheet. Top with sprinkles (optional).
- Bake 10-11 minutes or until edges are are a light golden brown.
- Cool for 2 minutes on the cookie sheet, then move to a cooling rack.
- Once cooled, fill a Ziploc bag with vanilla frosting. Clip the corner, and pipe frosting to the underside of a cookie. Top with another cookie. Repeat until you've put all the cookies together.
Makes about 7 dozen cookies.