I love easy recipes. LOVE. This is a recipe I make pretty often. Even my husband, who is the pickiest eater EVER, loves it! Score.
So, here we go. Mexican Lasagna!
*Please note that you can add your favorite taco-ish ingredients into this recipe.
Let's just say my style of cooking is more... kid friendly (?)...
Tortillas - 12 small or 4-6 large, flour or corn
1 can enchilada sauce
1 can refried beans
Hamburger - cooked, drained & seasoned with taco seasoning
Any other ingredients you normally enjoy on tacos:
olives, lettuce, tomatoes, salsa, guacamole, onions, etc.
1. Pour small amount of enchilada sauce in 9x13 pan so the tortillas won't stick.
2. Layer 6 small tortillas in pan, covering the enchilada sauce.
3. Next, layer on refried beans, taco meat, cheese, then enchilada sauce. This is also when you would add other taco-ish ingredients.
4. Do one more layer of tortillas, beans, meat, cheese & sauce.
5. Bake at 350° for 30 minutes, adding a few more minutes if cheese isn't completely melted.
6. Cut, serve and enjoy!!
**I have also made this recipe with changes: flour tortillas (halved, 3 whole for each layer), chicken instead of beef, and added cooked rice to refried beans, sauce and cheese - DELICIOUS!!**