I've teamed up with Jolly Time Popcorn to bring you this delicious Valentine's treat! Popcorn is always a favorite on it's own, but mix it up with some cherries and chocolate and you've got a hit!! It's a fun Valentine's activity for the kids, and are a sweet gift to give out to friends and family!
12 cups popped JOLLY TIME Smart Balance Butter Light Microwave Popcorn
1 1/2 cups dried tart cherries
1 pound of mini marshmallows
1 cup white chocolate chips (or vanilla candy coating)
1/4 cup butter
1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips (or dark chocolate morsels)
red food coloring
long lollipop sticks or thick bamboo skewers
- Mix popcorn and cherries in a large bowl.
- Place marshmallows, white chocolate, and butter in a large saucepan. Cook over low heat until melted and smooth. Stir in a few drops of red food coloring to tint the mixture pink.
- Pour marshmallow mixture over popcorn and toss gently until well coated.
- With wet or buttered hands, press mixture into a 3-4 inch heart-shaped cookie cutter (keep cutter on foil or wax paper-lined baking sheet), then lift cutter off. Insert a lollipop stick in the base of each heart.
- Allow popcorn hearts to cool completely.
- Melt the dark chocolate and drizzle over hearts. Allow to harden.
- The hearts look cute wrapped in cellophane and tied with ribbon, or stand them up in a vase or jar as a candy bouquet!
Visit JollyTime.com to find more flavors, recipes, and inspiration from America's first family of popcorn as they celebrate their 100th birthday this year!