My mom's meatloaf recipe was one of my favorites growing up, but I was too nervous to try it out myself. I've always perceived meatloaf to be some complicated recipe that took way too long to cook. So, when my husband requested meatloaf for dinner one night, I decided to take the plunge. I got my mom's recipe, and realized I should have been making it all along. So much easier than I thought, and it comes out perfect every time!!
1 1/2 lb Ground Beef
1/2 c Quick-Cook Oats OR 1 cup Bread Crumbs/Cracker Crumbs (add more if mixture is too wet)
1/2-1 Small Onion
Seasoning Salt and Pepper (to taste)
1 Tbsp Worcestershire Sauce (optional)
1/3 cup Ketchup
2 Tbsp Mustard
2 Tbsp Brown Sugar
- Preheat oven to 350º
- In a bowl, combine the ground beef, egg, onion, and oats (or bread/cracker crumbs). Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Roll meat into a 2" balls and place in muffin tin. If you want to make a meat"loaf", place meat in a lightly greased 5x9 inch loaf pan.
- Bake mini meatloaf for 15 minutes (loaf for about 45-60 minutes)
- While meatloaf is baking, mix together ketchup, mustard, and brown sugar in a small bowl until combined.
- Take meatloaf out of the oven, and add some topping to the meatloaf. Bake for another 5-10 minutes.
- Pair with slow cooker mashed potatoes and enjoy!
This recipe really is super easy, and making them mini-sized is perfect if you're dieting and want to control portion sizes, not to mention it's a great size for kids! Or, make a bunch as a fun appetizer on game day!