One treat that always disappears fast at our house is Reese's Peanut Butter Cups (or Trees/Eggs/etc during the holidays). These no bake peanut butter bars are almost close enough to the real thing, and they are SO easy! They make a great treat to take to parties since they are quick to throw together. They are also great to have hidden for you to share (maybe) after the kids go to bed.
1/2 cup butter, softened
3/4 cup peanut butter
22 vanilla wafers, crushed (about 3/4 cup)
2 cups powdered sugar
1/4 cup peanut butter
6 oz semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Beat butter and peanut butter with mixer until blended.
- Add wafer crumbs and mix well.
- Gradually beat in powdered sugar.
- Press mixture into bottom of a greased (or foil-lined) 8x8 pan.
- Microwave chocolate chips 15 to 30 seconds or until chocolate is melted. Stir in peanut butter and mix well.
- Spread chocolate peanut butter mixture over the peanut butter layer.
- Refrigerate at least 2 hours. Cut into bars to serve.
Keep peanut butter bars refrigerated. You can also make ahead and freeze up to one month. Thaw in refrigerator before serving.