Pizza + quesadillas = one awesome snack! My daughter loves helping "decorate" the pizzadillas, and they cook in minutes. For older kids who love to cook and want to learn to make something on their own, these pizzadillas are super simple and fun! These are also great to make for dinner on nights when you just don't want to cook and don't have the money to go out to eat.
(makes one Pizzadilla)
2 tortillas (flour or wheat)
1/4-1/2 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
your favorite pizza toppings
pizza sauce (optional)
- Lightly butter one side of each tortilla.
- Place one tortilla, butter-side down, on a heated frying pan or quesadilla maker.
- If using pizza sauce, spread a small amount on tortilla.
- Sprinkle cheese evenly on tortilla, making sure not to get it too close to the edge.
- Sprinkle the rest of the toppings evenly on top of the cheese.
- Top with other tortilla, butter-side up.
- Cook pizzadilla for about 5 minutes, and flip. Close the quesadilla maker and cook for about 5 minutes. It's done when the tortilla is golden brown.
- Cut into triangles, or remove from quesadilla maker and serve. You could also use pizza sauce as a dip.
- Use cookie cutters to make it more fun to eat, or to make for a fun holiday snack.
- Cook the pizzadillas in the oven: Place pizzadillas on a baking sheet, and broil for about 3 minutes.
- Cook the pizzadillas in the microwave: Place pizzadillas on a microwave-safe plate, and cook for about 20-30 seconds.