I am a member of the Collective Bias® Social Fabric® Community. This shop has been compensated as part of a social shopper insights study for Collective Bias and their client.
I'm a big fan of simple meals using ingredients that are almost always in the house and easy to work with. Philadelphia Cream Cheese is an ingredient I love working with because of it's versatility. You can use it in appetizers, entrees, and desserts. It also makes a delicious snack on it's own.
My mom used to make this cream cheese chicken recipe for our family growing up, and I wanted to start making it for my own family. It can be made in less than 30 minutes, and you can adjust the recipe to feed yourself or a big group. This recipe can also be prepared in the stove top or slow cooker, so it's simple for everyone!
8 oz Philly Cream Cheese
2 cans cream of mushroom or chicken soup
1 packet Italian Dressing Mix
2 cups cooked chicken breast or tenderloins, cut into bite-sized pieces
1/4 cup milk (or less, as needed)
2-3 cups cooked Minute rice
Directions (Stove Top):
- Cook 6-7 chicken tenderloins or 4 chicken breasts. Cut into bite-sized pieces. Set aside.
- Boil water for Minute rice while the chicken cooks. Follow package directions for rice cook time.
- In a saucepan, mix together cream cheese, cream soups, and Italian seasoning. Stir constantly over medium heat. If too thick, stir in a little bit of milk until the sauce is a medium-thick consistency.
- Add chicken to sauce, and stir well.
- Serve over rice.
Directions (Slow Cooker):
- Add cream cheese, cream soups, and Italian seasoning to slow cooker and mix together.
- Add 6-7 chicken tenders or 4 chicken breasts (either whole frozen, or cut into pieces) to sauce mixture.
- Cook on low for 4-6 hours.
- Stir sauce well to make sure all ingredients are combined.
- Serve over rice.