Let's start with dessert first, shall we? This Butterfinger Fudge really couldn't be easier to make and is sure to be a hit this holiday. It's rich, sweet, and certainly something you'll need to share. This comes together quickly, and can be frozen if you need to put some away for later.
Recipe adapted from Very Best Baking
1 1/2 cup sugar
2/3 cup CARNATION® Evaporated Milk
2 Tablespoons butter
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 3/4 cup milk chocolate chips
1 teaspoon vanilla
1/2 - 1 cup BUTTERFINGER® Bits
The Nestlé CARNATION® Evaporated Milk was only $1 per can, which is a great deal since one 12 ounce can will make a little more than two batches of fudge! The BUTTERFINGER® Bits are new to me, and they are delightfully easy to use. If you or someone in your family is a Butterfinger fan, I highly recommend stocking up on them to bake in almost everything!
- Line an 8x8 inch baking pan with foil and spray lightly with cooking spray.
- Combine sugar, evaporated milk, butter and salt in a saucepan. Bring to a full rolling boil over medium heat, stirring constantly. Boil (while still stirring constantly) for 4 to 5 minutes.
- Remove from heat and add in vanilla, chocolate chips, and BUTTERFINGER® Bits. Stir until mixture is combined and smooth.
- Pour mixture into lined baking pan. Work quickly as the fudge will thicken as it cools. Sprinkle the top of the fudge with more BUTTERFINGER® Bits.
- Refrigerate for 2 hours or until firm. Lift fudge from pan, remove foil and cut into 36-48 pieces.
If you want to make your fudge a little more festive, you can also pour the fudge mixture into silicone baking molds! I found a mold with some small pumpkins in different sizes that will be fun to share on Thanksgiving.
Follow the fudge recipe directions 1-3, then simply pour or spoon the fudge mixture into an ungreased silicone baking mold. While the fudge is still warm, gently tap the fudge with your fingertip to smooth it out and to help the fudge press into the mold. Place in the refrigerator for 2 hours or until firm. Pop out of the molds while cold and voila!
You can find the Stouffer's lasagnas in the frozen entree section in your local Walmart. The NESTLÉ® baking products like chocolate chips, BUTTERFINGER® Bits and CARNATION® Evaporated Milk can be found in the baking aisle and/or specialty displays.
Be sure to check out more delicious recipes on the Flavorful Moments Pinterest board. I'd love to hear about how you feed your family during the busy holiday season.