These blonde brownies are rich, chewy, and sinfully delicious! The addition of M&M's add the bit of chocolate you need and add some cuteness with bright pops of color. It's easy to make these blondies for any holiday or season just by using the holiday M&M's instead of the regular ones! The spring M&M's I used made them fun to share at Easter and will be perfect for Mother's Day.
1 cup flour
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1/8 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/3 cup butter
1 cup packed brown sugar
1 egg, beaten
1 tablespoon vanilla extract
1 cup to 1 1/3 cup M&M's
- Preheat oven to 350º.
- Mix together flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt and set aside.
- Melt 1/3 cup butter.
- Add 1 cup firmly packed brown sugar and mix well.
- Add egg and vanilla and blend well. Add flour mixture, a little at a time, mixing well.
- Mix in 2/3 cup M&M's.
- Spread in 9 x 9 x 2 inch pan. Sprinkle 1/3 to 2/3 cup M&M's on top.
- Bake for 20 to 25 minutes.
*Store in airtight container at room temperature.
Recipe adapted from AllRecipes.com