BBQ meals are probably one of my favorite things to make in the slow cooker. Along with my pulled pork recipe, this BBQ chicken is super simple with only 3 ingredients! Throw it in the slow cooker in the morning or afternoon, and you're all set for dinner. You could even take it a step further and easily turn it into shredded chicken!
7-10 Chicken Tenderloins or 4-5 Chicken Breasts
16-20 oz Barbecue Sauce (we love Sweet Baby Ray's)
1/2-1 can Pepsi or Diet Pepsi
Seasoning Salt (optional)
- You can use the chicken frozen or thawed. Coat the chicken with some seasoning salt.
- Pour barbecue sauce and Pepsi into the slow cooker and lightly mix together.
- Add chicken to barbecue sauce/Pepsi mixture and cover.
- Cook on low for 4-6 hours (closer to 6 if you want to shred the chicken). Lightly stir the chicken around before serving.
- Carefully remove chicken and eat with a side of rice or mashed potatoes, or place on a bun for a delicious BBQ chicken sandwich.