For my birthday I decided to make myself my own cake... well, a brownie cake, that is!
This is my kind of treat - SO easy, and mighty tasty!
To make one of these fantastic cakes, you'll need:
1 box brownie mix (I used the 'family size') or your favorite brownie recipe
(eggs, oil and anything else your mix calls for)
1 carton of favorite ice cream
hot fudge (and/or any other toppings you love)
- Mix up your brownies according to package instructions. Bake in a 9x13" pan, making sure to spray pan or line with parchment or wax* paper so they can be removed easily after baking.
- Once brownies are done, let cool and remove brownies from pan by flipping over onto a cooling rack or onto a sheet of parchment or wax paper over some aluminum foil. Be careful not to break the brownies!
- If brownies were on cooling rack, move brownies to aluminum foil.
- Cut brownies in half, so you'll have two 9x6.5" pieces.
- When ice cream is softened enough (you'll know), spread some over one of the brownie halves. Don't put too much, or the next layer may slide off.
- Carefully place other brownie half on top of the ice cream and gently press down.
- Add more ice cream on top.
- If ice cream is getting too soft, wrap the aluminum foil up around the cake and place in freezer for a few minutes.
- Once ice cream is firm again, cut a slice and top with some hot fudge or other toppings.
That's IT! Told you it was easy!!
Enjoy!! So yummy...